Hidden Hills

Hidden Hills

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March 28th: Happy Birthday Zach! Working All Day = Party Time


  Happy Birthday Zach!!! All he wanted to do for his birthday is work hard all day in the sun. So that is just what we did!!!

 

I really am learning that I need to be better at documenting what is going on. I don't think I ever took real "before" pictures. But this is pretty much what  the land used to look like.....



  
  And this is what it looks like now.....



You can see where we made a campsite out of the wood chips. It made the ground SO soft. You wouldn't even need an air mattress or camping pad! 


My mom got to test out her awesome tent and sleeping equipment. It was crazy good. 5 star accommodations. My girls always want to camp with Grandma Pam!!


We (the kiddos, my mom and I) were able to do some controlled burning while Zach was chipping. 



Zach's dad came up both days. He is a workhorse just like Zach! They just keep cutting, and trimming, and chipping, and clearing until I make them stop for food or to pack up and head out. 




I hardly recognize our fire pit anymore!! There were huge piles of brush and branches everywhere. It's really open now and looks amazing. 



The kids transported lots of items from our campsite to the shed on the 4-wheeler. They were all such awesome helpers!!

    
  We had some good meals on this trip!! They included...

Shredded BBQ Pork Sandwiches made in dutch oven 
Eggs, Bacon, Hashbrowns and Fry Bread
Hot Dogs & Mac n Cheese
Homemade Donuts
Tin Foil Dinners

Today's Guest List:
Our Crew
Marshall 
Grandma Pam
Grandpa Les

No comments:

Post a Comment